November 28, 2011

Quote: -Definitely, Maybe-

Someone really special make me look at this movie for one more time today.. And I bet he haven't watched the one I told him to watch.. :P

Well anyway, 2 scenes are my most favorite quotes. One of them is kinda related to me in some ways, that's why I love them.. :) here it is:

April: So Emily is what, like your college sweetheart?
Will Hayes: It's amazing how you do that.
April: What?
Will Hayes: The way you take the simplest statement and then you twist it with a completely negative connotation. It's really, actually, impressive.
April: [laughing] I didn't mean to do that. I actually think it's very sweet.
Will Hayes: See, you did it again! 

The next quote is something sweet, but for me, this is supposed to be what happened in the first place, not just some 'rehearsal'.. but well, if it happens like I wanted, it will never be a movie after all.. :P

April: I'm Emily your college sweetheart is there something you wanted to ask me?
Will Hayes: Emily...
April: Wait! You gotta get down on your knee
Will Hayes: No I'm not getting down on my knee
April: [Walks towards Will] She'll like it; she'll like seeing you down on your knee...
Will Hayes: I'm not getting down on my knee
April: [Rolls her eyes and walks back to the railing and turns around] Such a mistake! Okay
Will Hayes: Emily...
April: Yes William?
Will Hayes: Don't make me laugh! Emily Will you... um... marry me?
April: No
Will Hayes: Oh my god...
April: What do you mean, 'Will you, um, marry me?' I haven't seen you in weeks! You don't look happy or excited about the prospect of our marriage! You're asking me to give up my - my freedom, my joie de vivre for an institution that fails as often as it succeeds? And why should I marry you anyway? I mean, why do you wanna marry me? Besides some bourgeois desire to fulfil an ideal that society embeds in us from an early age to promote a consumer capitalist agenda?
Will Hayes: Oh! Oh, my God.
April: You should've got on your knee.
Will Hayes: Just shut up! Here... I wanna marry you because you're the first person I wanna look at when I wake up in the morning, and the only one I wanna kiss goodnight. Because the first time that I saw these hands, I couldn't imagine not being able to hold them. But mainly, when you love someone as much as I love you, getting married is the only thing left to do. So, will you, um, marry me?
April: Definitely. Maybe. 

No comments: